The most experienced member of Tetra Defense's data breach, incident response, and cybersecurity risk management teams. The primary responsibility of this role will be to lead the response teams across multiple engagements, scoping incidents, designing complex response plans, and leading teams containing DFIR Directors and Associates. Senior Directors are also responsible for communications with the client, legal counsel, and other stakeholders.
Experience coordinating multiple incident response teams across multiple complex and emergency situations
- Scoping new cases
- Designing incident response plans
- Coordinating efforts of DFIR Directors and Associates and assigning tasks
- Reviewing and validating work of DFIR Directors and Associates
- Experience drafting complex incident response reports
- Perform incident response functions including but not limited to host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs)
- Provide immediate onsite and remote support for digital forensics, incident response, and litigation support as needed
- Conduct defensible data acquisitions and analysis
- Preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, mobile devices, and cloud services (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Process collected data in various digital forensic, litigation support, and data analytics tools
- Produce high quality oral and written work product, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity
- Provide support on incident response engagements to senior level team members to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer-term remediation recommendations
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 20%)
- 5+ years experience leading digital forensic and incident response cases
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with IR and forensics tools, such as, Magnet Axiom, EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, Wireshark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field is preferred
- Additional core competencies a plus such as data analytics and/or eDiscovery
- Collaborative, hard-working, energetic team culture
- Excellent benefits – Vision, Medical, and Dental
- Reimbursement for approved outside continuing education and trainings
- 401K with company match
- Unlimited PTO/time off policy
- Bonuses for stellar performance
About Tetra Defense
Originally founded in 2016 as Gillware Digital Forensics, Tetra Defense supports a global network of partners and clients from its offices in Madison and Milwaukee, WI. Since our founding we have grown into one of the most highly respected digital forensics, incident response and cyber risk management firms around.
There has never been a challenge we haven’t accepted. With a team of former law enforcement, FBI agents, CISOs, IT leaders and the like, we’ve been up close and personal with investigations and incidents of every shape and size.
Early on we knew we were doing things differently than the rest. When our competitors considered a job finished, we saw so much more we could do to help the client. Whether it’s getting a business back up and running after a ransomware attack or mapping out a project plan to help businesses improve their cybersecurity defenses, we always go the extra mile.